Sunday, January 29, 2023

Spirit Speaks

Oh dear, I didn't expect my second blog entry scribbled in Spirit Speaks (2009), titled Spirit Speaks *poem* would park itself at top of page (2023), after edit-expansion. I dare say it was a struggle to get going, yet filled with uncanny determination to disclose what introduced itself to the awareness of my non-biological Soul. . .so aware my writing skills are lame. . .painfuly aware of the burden of a duty to obey the inner call of my vocation. . . to bear witness to what 'genuine mysticism', is. Immensely grateful for encouragment by brilliant writers to keep going even when going got though. Not yet curious about Sri Aurobindo's work when I began writing here, as I was convinced his work is beyond my comprehension - because I read some call him "giant of consciousness" - but that changed when I got curious what the fuss was about, and to my great surprise discovered *once my brain got used to his terminologies* that 'I already know this, because this happened to me'!

One of those for-me-encouraging writers, was Ken Wilber - author of many books on human development and consciousness. The following passages are from One Taste:

"...all of those for whom authentic transformation has deeply unseated their souls must, I believe, wrestle with the profound moral obligation to shout from the heart--perhaps quietly and gently, with tears of reluctance'perhaps with fierce fire and angry wisdom; perhaps with slow and careful analysis; perhaps by unshakable public example - but autheticity always and absolutely carries a demand and duty: you must speak out, to the best of your ability, and shake that spiritual tree, and shine those headlights into the eyes of the complacent. You must let that radical realization rumble through your veins and rattle those around you.
Alas, if you fail to do so you are betraing your own authenticity. You are hiding your true estate. You don't want to upset others because you don't want to upset yourself. You are acting in bad faith, the taste of a bad infinity.
& "I don't mean to be harsh here, and we must honor all lesser engagements. Nonetheless, you must have noticed that the word "soul" is now the hottest item in book sales - but all "soul" really means, in most these books, is simply ego in drag. "Soul" has come to denote, in this feeding frenzy of translative grasping, not that which is timeless in you but that which most loudly trashes around in time, and thus "care of the soul" incomprehensively means nothing much more than focusing intensely on your ardently separate self. Likewise, "spiritual" is on everybody's lips, but usually all it really means is any intense egoic feeling, just as "heart" has come to mean any sincere sentiment of the self-contraction."
YES! I see it today - see the kind of silliness that passes for spiritual "Enlightenment", and cringe.

*My blog's avatar name 'theofilia' is made up, because I wanted to write incognito to keep cyber bullies off my back*

* In 2009 March 3, felt like scribbling Spirit Speaks - now in its expaned form begins with few quotes penned by a modern day Christian mystic, Bernadette Roberts*

"What the "no-self" event reveals is that union with God is not the end but the beginning of our life with God. The end of the journey comes many years after union."
"With years of selfless giving, the self is literally eroded away as God consumes more and more of the human being. Now, "beautiful, holy and strong." & "What remains now is the mystery of Resurrection, of Christ and the Trinity."
"Maturity, possible only through the grace of God. The Self, the mature human in a state of union with God, also falls away."
- Bernadette Roberts

I agree that Soul level Enlightenment/Liberation grounded in multidimensional evolution into wholeness and transcendence, 'comes many years after union'.
In this blog, I will attempt to describe to the best of my ability what happened *to me* on this path without a map. It includes descriptions of many types of mystical experiences in the subtle domain as well as Soul level Initiations, before one attains the Supreme Liberation, or the Final Samadhi.
Will begin by saying: My child-self was quite psychic already, already capable of being fully awake in dream states, already felt stirrings welling up within me compelling me to 'act' on them': Like the time I drew a large circle and standing in its middle gazing intently upon sky's star-studded canopy, feeling in every fiber of being a sense of incredible 'immensity', and a sense of deep yearning to know something my child's mind-heart/the evolving soul personality had no access to. . .didn't know then, that I was born with unbroken continuity of awareness and in due time, in this incarnation, my eternal self-Soul will fulfil her 'ancient plan' by Grace-bestowed descends of Divine Peace, the descent of Force or Power, the descent of Light, the descend of Ananda/Divine Bliss. Sri Aurobindo confirmed for this for me: "One feels the Force only when when one is conscious of contact with it."

In 94' I wrote Spirit Speaks, not yet written from the fully embodied level.

We are Earth, Fire, Water and Air
We are many names and faces
Many loves and hatreds.
We are beggars, we are royal
We are Serpent the knowledge giver (Kundalini Shakti)
We are blind, we are wise
We are dark and light
We are . . .
Contorted past
Land heaving
Waters churning
Sky watchful
Sublime beauty revealed
Spirit manifest
Exalted, mysterious
Forever more blessed be!
Is it you and me?

1 comment:

Path Ordained By God

Edit-expanded 2024-04-20: My originally written in June 2009 blog titled, On Rapture Musings, describes three types of descends of Divine Fo...